Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Hence, the breakfast we consume needs to provide a balance of macro and micronutrients, including carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. During the recent breakfast campaign launch, Ashlee Ng, the Marketing Director of Dutch Lady Malaysia highlighted the importance for Malaysian families to get sufficient essential nutrients from daily breakfast to help them start the day strong.
Dutch Lady PureFarm milk contains the following essential nutrients to help give Malaysian families a strong start every morning:
- Protein helps to build and repair tissue8 so that our muscles work in good condition;
- Vitamin A allows our eyes to function properly9 and helps us stay focused and alert, both at school and at work;
- Vitamin B2 supports the release of energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins;10
- Vitamin D aids the absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus;11 and
- Calcium is the key to the growth and development of strong bones and teeth for children,12 and helps adults maintain a healthy bone mass13 for an active lifestyle.
For more information about how a glass of Dutch Lady PureFarm milk can help you meet your required nutrient intake, go to Dutch Lady Malaysia Facebook at www.facebook.com/spread.the.goodness.of.milk or www.dutchlady.com.my.
8-13 MOH (2010). Guide to Nutrition Labelling and Claims (as at December 2010). Food Safety and Quality Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia, Putrajaya.